Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Personal Struggles & Strange Coincidence

I have been using the website Sparkpeople.com off and on since 2006 to log the food I eat each day and to keep track of weight loss (or gain - just being honest!).  The website is completely free and I recommend it to most people that I talk to that are struggling with weight and need some accountability.  At one point I had great control of eating and exercise and successfully lost about 60 lbs after giving birth to Lilly.  It started to become a passion of mine.  I was always reading about exercise and nutrition and found it very interesting!  I would always watch the Biggest Loser and think that it was so cool when the contestants became personal trainers after the season was over.  I thought it might be something I would do too...once I got to my goal weight.  The owner of my gym called me out of the blue one day and actually offered me the job.  I started preparing for my certification exam and just a few months later, I became an ACE-certified personal trainer.  A few months later I was a certified Lifestyle and Weight Management Coach.  I love motivating others because I know how much of a struggle it can be, especially when you have a significant amount of weight to lose.  I don't believe that if someone is thin than that makes them happy, but I do believe that being overweight can cause low self-esteem, depression, and the obvious health risks.  The extra weight suffocates you and acts as a wall between you and whatever goals you want to achieve.



This past week, I have been logging my food each day and making more of an effort to exercise.  I'm hoping that I can fall back in love with measuring my food and finding healthy recipes, but I'm not quite there yet. :)  I may be the only person that actually enjoyed measuring portions and planning meals, but I saw it as a game.  Right now, I see it as annoying and too much effort.  I will add that to my prayer list.  "God, please allow me to love all of the the aspects that go into losing weight!"  My main motivation to lose weight is so that I can have the best shot of a healthy pregnancy.  My doctor gave us the green flag to start trying again in June which is now only 2 months away.  So, I need to kick it into high gear, but I still have my moments where I just don't care.



Anyway, here's the coincidence...
I was looking back at the 2 journal entries I had on Sparkpeople and the first one that I read was from February 1, 2010 which is exactly one year prior to when Madelyn was born.  I was writing about how I had just read my journal entry from December 28, 2007 and that I didn't know it yet, but I was actually pregnant at that time.  And now looking back at the entry from February 1, 2010 I was actually pregnant when I wrote that entry too (with the baby I miscarried).  And then the fact that it was on February 1st is just so strange to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment