Sunday, March 27, 2011

Girl's Weekend! :)

This weekend I was finally able to spend some quality time with Abbie one of my best friend's.  Between working, having kids, and living in the different cities, it's hard to find time to spend an entire weekend together.  It was great catching up and seeing our daughter's play together.  We also got to enjoy some guilty pleasures like a trip to Target, sushi, iced tea, and Reese's peanut butter cups.  :)  Abbie's daughter and Madelyn were only 2 months apart and we always thought they would grow up together.  However, this weekend I realized the girls will have no problem playing together in a few years.  Right now, a 4 month old and 2 1/2 year old do not share many interests, but a 2 year old and a 4 year old do!  We will just give it some time.  :)

Abbie and I at my wedding

Our kiddos :)

"A friend is someone who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love, and encourages you with hope." -unknown

I am off to take a nap and then will be completing my 3rd week of the 5K training.  It has been going pretty well so far, but my shins are starting to bother me.  If that continues, I will probably take a week off from running and focus more on strength training.  Running has been a great time for self-reflection.  I love pushing myself to run a little bit further each time and I feel a great sense of accomplishment after my workout is over.  Exercise really does rejuvenate your mind and body!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. missed you both this weekend! i am glad nora and miss lilly got to hang out and wear their matching shirts.

    ReplyDelete