Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thankful

I completed my first day of the C25K (Couch to 5K) training today.  I wasn't really looking forward to it because 1. I hate to run and 2. It was cold and windy.  I sucked it up, said a little prayer for God to help me get through it without quitting, and started my warm-up.  I downloaded the C25K app for my iPhone which came in handy.  You can easily make a playlist within the app to listen to while you train.  Day 1 included alternating 60 seconds of running (9x) and 90 seconds of walking (8x) with a 5 minute warm-up and cool-down.  When the nice man in the app told me to run, I probably rolled my eyes and started.  To my surprise, I actually enjoyed running today.  No joke.  Normally after 4-5 steps, I'm ready to quit.  I immediately thanked my little guardian angel and went on my way.  :)  I even ran and walked a little extra after my session was over.  I'm not anticipating each session to go this well, but am very thankful that day 1 was enjoyable.

1 comment: