Friday, March 18, 2011

Retreat Weekend

This weekend I will be attending Christ Renews His Parish (CRHP) at my church.  I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend where I'm hoping to strengthen my relationship with God and have some time to reflect.  I will definitely miss Lilly and Jim (and my iPhone :)).  No phones or watches are allowed!  <<Gasp>>

My sister went on the last CRHP so she will be on the team leading the retreat this weekend.  She encouraged me to go once she got back and said what a wonderful experience it was.  6 months ago I didn't feel I was ready to go on the retreat.  It just didn't feel like the right time to go.  I thought I needed to be older and have some more life experiences under my belt.  Little did I know what was to come!

The day after Madelyn's funeral, Jim went to mass (I didn't go since I thought it would make me more upset because I would think about Madelyn's funeral too much).  Anyway, he came home with the bulletin and a flier for CRHP.  With little discussion, we both decided it was a good time for both of us to go.  (He went on the Men's CRHP 2 weeks ago.)

I need to go pack my bags and head to bed!  Someone is picking me up at 6:15 tomorrow morning!  I will be back Sunday afternoon.  Hopefully I will feel rested enough to complete day 3 of the C25k program.  My shins were bothering me yesterday, so I wasn't feeling up to a run today.  Maybe 2 days "off" will be good for me.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment